Sunday, October 25, 2009

Artist: Mario Testino


Mario Testino is one of the most sought after photographers working today. He was born in Lima, Peru in 1954 and at age 22 moved to London to pursue a career as a photographer. He began selling portfolios (for 25 pounds, including hair and makeup) to wannabe models. Today he shoots regularly for American, British, German and Russian Vogue, V Magazine, GQ, Vanity Fair and countless advertisements for top design houses. His work as been described as "luxury realism" and it's known that whatever clothes he shoots, sell. I love how versatile his work is, it seems that everything he shoots has it's own perfect mood, feeling and aesthetic while still retaining his personal edge and look. I also love that while his images are high fashion and beautifully styled, they also retain an edge of nonchalance, not a forced perfection. This is definitely something that I can apply to my own work as sometimes I let my perfectionist nature take over and my images can become a bit too staged. Mario Testino is an amazing photographer and there is much to be learned form his life and work.












www.mariotestino.com

No comments:

Post a Comment