Saturday, November 28, 2009

Artist: Melissa Rodwell


Melissa Rodwell is a fashion and music photographer based in Los Angeles. She graduated from the Art Center College of Design in 1987, with a degree in photography and began her career as a fashion photographer right away, gaining her first fashion editorial 2 years after graduation. She is still working hard today, shooting for national publications and advertising campaigns campaigns. I found out Melissa through her blog, www.fashionphotographyblog.com, where she speaks candidly about the fashion photography industry and gives behind the scenes looks and information from her own shoots as well as other great news and information about other fashion photographers and their work. I have been speaking recently with John Henley, my Business Practices professor and commercial photographer who I've interned with, about the importance of showing one's personality on their website and/or blog, as much of getting hired for commercial work is based on a relationship with an art director or simply someone liking you enough that they want to work with you. I know Melissa Rodwell would agree. I have already learned much from this talented photographer's blog and I know that there will be many more posts that are just as great and enlightening.



All Images Melissa Rodwell
from
www.melissarodwell.com

No comments:

Post a Comment