Monday, February 15, 2010

Artist (2/15/10): Camilla Akrans






all images © Camilla Akrans

Camilla Akrans is a Swedish fashion photographer. She has shot ad campaigns for Hermes, Neiman Marcus, Tommy Hilfiger, Eres, and Missoni and regularly shoots spreads for Vogue, Harper's Bazar and Numero Magazine. I have been trouble finding a suitable bio on her, as there doesn't seem to be a lot of info out there on her personally and she doesn't have a website. I did read in a small wright-up on the Ykone website that said she has training as a fine artist and that she prefers to work outdoors, and a comment on another website said that she's in her mid-thirties. I find her images to be both romantic and edgy at the same time. She has the ability to take a beautiful model in a beautiful environment and do something different with them, not simply the same old "look pretty while I take you picture." She has a definite eye for unconventional or unique composition that I believe is an important part of why her images are so striking. I would like my work to speak in a similar way and I am hence forward going to make a conscious effort to look for ways in which I can break away from predictable compositions and poses and explore a more creative and experimental way of image making.

No comments:

Post a Comment