Thursday, February 4, 2010

Research (2/4/10): Sienna Miller in Alfie


In continuing with my research of how to portray the "tragically flawed heroine", I was reminded of Sienna Miller's character Nicki is the remake of the movie "Alfie". She is the perfect example of a tragically flawed heroine: beautiful, troubled, excessive. The cinematography throughout the entire film is amazing but a particular sequence shown in part below (please disregard the music) seems to capture her perfectly. I have been very drawn to film lately and have even considered how I could incorporate it into my work this semester. Although I think it may be a bit ambitious at this point to change mediums, this sequence gives me an idea of how it could be done. As I evolve my ideas and build my own character that embodies the "tragically flawed heroine" I will surely look to this amazing movie for inspiration, both in characterization and artistic production.


No comments:

Post a Comment